Tue, Feb 21|
Volunteer at Harry Chapin Food Bank Warehouse - Fort Myers
Join your friends and neighbors as Copperleaf volunteers at the Harry Chapin Food Bank (HCFB) Warehouse in Fort Myers on February 21st between 8:30 and 11:30. Prior to working, we will be given a tour of the warehouse operation to learn more about how HCFB operates.
Time & Location
Feb 21, 2023, 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Fort Myers, 3760 Fowler St, Fort Myers, FL 33901, USA
About The Event
Join your friends and neighbors as Copperleaf volunteers at the Harry Chapin Food Bank (HCFB) Warehouse in Fort Myers on February 21st between 8:30 and 11:30. Prior to working, we will be given a tour of the warehouse operation to learn more about how HCFB meetd the needs of hungry.
Everyone that has not volunteered at HCFB previously has to fill out a volunteer application. Here is the link:
Individual Volunteer Application Form (volgistics.com). (Note from Bill Starr - I have done this previously to work at the mobile food pantry and it is not difficult.)
When you arrive at Harry Chapin Food Bank, 3760 Fowler St, please pull into the parking lot off Central Ave, or the West side of the building. (We will organize carpooling just prior to the event.)
• All attire must be clean and modest. Volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes; no sandals or flip-flops will be allowed; jeans, shorts (short’s length must be at least to your fingertips), t-shirts are acceptable; no tank tops or bare midriff tops. Volunteers not properly attired will be asked to leave.
• Weekday volunteers must be 16 years and older due to OSHA requirements.
• No smoking, eating, or beverages allowed in the volunteer areas. There is a soda and machine on premises for your use, in the break room only.
• Cell phones, iPod’s or other electronic devices are not to be used during your volunteer shift.
• Please leave purses and other valuables in your vehicle, there is not a locked location to keep these items. Due to food safety standards, these items are not allowed in volunteer areas.
• Volunteer activities can be strenuous. Volunteers should be able to lift 40 pounds and stand for the duration of the shift. (Warehouse staff will assist us in heavy lifting if needed)
Please contact Bill Starr with any questions. 262-853-6360 (firstname.lastname@example.org).