Tue, Apr 30|
Harry Chapin Food Bank Group Packing Event - Fort Myers Warehouse
Join your friends and neighbors as Copperleaf volunteers at the Harry Chapin Food Bank (HCFB) Warehouse in Fort Myers.
Time & Location
Apr 30, 2024, 8:30 AM – 11:30 PM
Fort Myers, 3760 Fowler St, Fort Myers, FL 33901, USA
About The Event
Join your friends and neighbors as Copperleaf volunteers at the Harry Chapin Food Bank (HCFB) Warehouse in Fort Myers on April 30th between 8:30 and 11:30. We will be packing food boxes that are distibuted at mobile pantries. Last year our 30 volunteers packed 700 boxes.
After you register for the event you will be provided information for registering as a HCFB volunteer (if you haven't done so previously), and signing up for the event on the HCFB volunteer website.
When you arrive at Harry Chapin Food Bank, 3760 Fowler St, please pull into the parking lot off Central Ave, or the West side of the building. If all spaces are filled, you may park at the Dollar General located on the corner of Winkler and Fowler. We will organize carpooling just prior to the event.
• All attire must be clean and modest. Volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes (tennis shoes are preferred); no sandals or flip-flops will be allowed; jeans, shorts (short’s length must be at least to your fingertips), t-shirts are acceptable; no tank tops or bare midriff tops. Volunteers not properly attired will be asked to leave.
• Weekday volunteers must be 16 years and older due to OSHA requirements.
• No smoking, eating, or beverages allowed in the volunteer areas. There is a soda machine on premises for your use, in the break room only.
• Cell phones, iPod’s or other electronic devices are not to be used during your volunteer shift.
• Please leave purses and other valuables in your vehicle, there is not a locked location to keep these items. Due to food safety standards, these items are not allowed in volunteer areas.
• Volunteer activities can be strenuous. Volunteers should be able to lift 40 pounds and stand for the duration of the shift. (Warehouse staff will assist us in heavy lifting if needed)
Please contact Marcia Allison with any questions. (email@example.com)